Testimonial, Tia G.
"Trent's workshop worked out perfectly for me, particularly because he took the time to understand my level of photography (or lack thereof), and guided me accordingly. Although wildlife sighting is entirely on luck, I'm pretty sure my stellar sightings at Yellowstone would not have been possible without Trent's knowledge of wildlife and terrain - just to put that in perspective, we saw a pair of grizzly bears and a black bear just on my first day!
Trent suggested certain effects through the low grass on the bank, where we were observing a female elk and her calf, and it was both fun and challenging to try it out then and there. He was also patient and encouraging, when I was switching out my lenses. Most of all, I appreciated that Trent respects wildlife, and he ensures that we conduct ourselves in a way that we do not disturb the animals, for the sake of sighting or photography (unlike some other tourists we saw out there). All in all, if you're going into Yellowstone for wildlife, Trent's workshop is a must (and I can't wait to do it all over in a different season)!"
This workshop takes place during the first full week Yellowstone's interior is open for the spring season. Other than winter this is one of the least crowded weeks you can be here, but wildlife is everywhere! Almost all bears will be out of hibernation by then, and the first bison calves will be born. This five day workshop based out of West Yellowstone, Montana gives you the best opportunity to see a larger variety of wildlife.
This is an instructional photography workshop, so please be prepared with questions about your gear and technique. Yellowstone is huge so there can be a lot of travel time in between wildlife sightings. Multiple days increase your odds of seeing different animals. Processing instruction is optional but possible at the end of each day.
All images here were taken during April 2019
- $1997 total cost includes transportation during the tour, and dinner on the first night
- Five full days in the park
- Photography instruction with an authorized Yellowstone guide
- You are responsible for getting to West Yellowstone, MT before the trip
- April 19th: Arrive in West Yellowstone, meet for dinner around 5 PM
- April 20-24st: Five full days in Yellowstone
- April 25th: Depart
- You are paying the 50% deposit now to book ($1000)
- The final balance is due 90 days before arrival ($997)
- No refunds within 180 days of arrival, unless your spot can be replaced
- Book online, or contact me directly
Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against travel delays and weather-related closures.
*Trent Sizemore Photography, LLC is authorized by the National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, to conduct services in Yellowstone National Park.