Testimonial, Tia G.
"Trent's workshop worked out perfectly for me, particularly because he took the time to understand my level of photography (or lack thereof), and guided me accordingly. Although wildlife sighting is entirely on luck, I'm pretty sure my stellar sightings at Yellowstone would not have been possible without Trent's knowledge of wildlife and terrain - just to put that in perspective, we saw a pair of grizzly bears and a black bear just on my first day!
Trent suggested certain effects through the low grass on the bank, where we were observing a female elk and her calf, and it was both fun and challenging to try it out then and there. He was also patient and encouraging, when I was switching out my lenses. Most of all, I appreciated that Trent respects wildlife, and he ensures that we conduct ourselves in a way that we do not disturb the animals, for the sake of sighting or photography (unlike some other tourists we saw out there). All in all, if you're going into Yellowstone for wildlife, Trent's workshop is a must (and I can't wait to do it all over in a different season)!"
Yellowstone’s serenity and silence offers one of the best locations for a photographer to work. The crowds of summer are gone by September, leaving mostly older travelers, photographers, and fisherman – all good company. Fewer people may mean your only neighbor will be a herd of bison or a bugling bull elk!
This September workshop will focus on the elk rut along the Madison River, Hayden Valley, Mammoth Hot Springs, and Yellowstone Lake. We will also visit other places in the park during the day, ensuring everyone gets to see the iconic locations and species.
One spot left
- $1997 total cost includes transportation during the tour, lunch each day, and dinner on the first night
- Five full days in the park
- Photography instruction with an authorized Yellowstone guide
- You are responsible for getting to West Yellowstone, MT before the trip
- September 22nd: Arrive in West Yellowstone, meet for dinner around 6PM
- September 23-27th: Five full days in Yellowstone
- September 28th: Depart
- 50% deposit today to book ($1000), balance due 90 days before arrival ($997)
- Book online, or contact me directly